Job Posting - Summer Programs Coordinator
Drayton Valley Municipal Library is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and highly motivated individual to lead our TD Summer Reading Club (SRC) programs.
This is a temporary full-time (16-weeks, 35 hours/week) from May 2 to August 19, 2024; applicants must be committed and available to work for the duration of the employment term.
The SRC Programs Coordinator will work with the Library’s staff to plan, promote, present and report on program activities and crafts for children aged 2-18 years old.
This position requires excellent organizational and communication skills as well as an interest in working with children.
NOTE: SRC 2024 program activities will be primarily out-doors due to in-door space limitations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The SRC Program Coordinator’s primary role is to develop and deliver the Library’s Summer Reading Club (SRC) for children and youth. Other responsibilities include any or all the following:
- Plan tracking tools to collect statistical data of programs and participant progress;
- Schedule activities and events for six weeks of SRC activities including craft and story-time events;
- Promote and publicize SRC programs including visits to local businesses for sponsorship;
- Support the development of resource lists of relevant material and program information for youth;
- Deliver an engaging, meaningful and memorable program experience for SRC participants;
- Provide leadership and direction to volunteers and program support staff as required;
- Prepare a final report on activities, attendance and outcomes at the end of the SRC season.
This grant-funded position requires that applicants be enrolled for full-time secondary or post-secondary studies in Fall 2024. Preferred programs of study include Library Science, Education, Psychology, Arts, Humanities or Early Childhood Development.
- Be between the ages of 18-30 years old.
- Provide clean Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector checks as a condition of hire.
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle for driving to and from outreach activities.
Applications must include a resume and covering letter delivered in person or via email to:
Interim Director/Operations Manager, Drayton Valley Library
5120- 52nd Street (Civic Centre)
Drayton Valley, AB. T7A 1R7
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm on Friday, March 22, 2024.